Davy Arroyo, has Mac’d out his Ford F-150 with a Mac mini setup and a big 10.2″ Dynamix touch-screen. The goal of Davy’s install was to make the installation look as stock as possible. The Mac mini hides and shows itself as needed, thanks to a hidden actuator in the armrest compartment – very cool! The 10.2″ Dynamix touch-screen folds closed for a very inconspicuous install. Apple’s Front Row is controlling all media and GPS is handled by Route 66.
- Auto: 2005 Ford F-150
- Mac mini configuration: 1.25 GHz, 40GB hard drive, 512MB SDRAM, Combo Drive, AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth
- Display: Dynamix 10.2 Touch Screen
- Input devices: Bluetooth Apple Mouse and Bluetooth Apple Keyboard, BU-353 GPS Receiver, Keyspan IR Remote
- Software: Front Row and Route 66 (GPS)
- Audio and Powering: P.I.E. FRD04- AUX converter (converts the AUX port from the stock radio to RCA inputs), CarNetix CNX-P1900
There’s a thread with additional pics of this sweet install over at mp3car.com. Check it out.
Thanks to CarHacks for kicking our butt back into gear and finally getting a new Mac’d ride posted on MacVroom – more to come real soon!